Massage: Hearing this word is so comforting that it makes us feel very refreshed. Massage therapy increases the healing process, improves circulation, and can even restore emotional balance. Many times where medicines fail, massage therapy works. It was earlier used only as a means to get relaxed and stress-free but now it has transformed into a profession that works as a medicine to heal physical, mental and emotional ailments as well as a tool to earn money.
In the present times, being a Massage Therapist has become a very popular and important profession. The greatest benefit of being a massage therapist is the knowledge that you are helping others heal their bodies and reduce the stress in their lives. When a client walks into the clinic in pain and then floats out after their treatment in bliss, being able have that opportunity to provide someone with a better quality of life is very satisfying to a Massage Therapist.
Other benefits of a massage therapist profession are:
- Self-Employment Opportunities – A large percentage of massage therapists are self-employed which allows them to set client appointments according to their own schedule and this itself is a huge advantage for a person who is considering becoming a massage therapist.They can also decide whether or not to work from home or travel to client’s homes to provide various massage services. Those who have a great hand on their practice can also employ other massage therapists to offer their clients a whole range of services and techniques.
- Exciting and exotic Work Locations – Those massage therapists who don’t mind relocating can have the opportunity to work in beautiful environments like a resort on a beach, a lodge surrounded by beautiful mountains, tourist spots or cruise ships as nowadays these places also employ massage therapists making it a great occupation.
- Soothing working environment – Massage therapists spend their working hours in a peaceful environment surrounded by scented candles, soft towels, and soothing music. This ambiance makes it a relaxing experience not only for the client, but for the massage therapist.
- Licensed massage therapists – Massage therapists who have a certified license have a better career opportunity. They have options to work for doctors, pain clinics, chiropractors or in spa industries all over the world. Quite often a licensed massage therapist works with other massage therapists in an office. Another great option for a licensed massage therapist with an entrepreneurial spirit is to open his/her own practice.
- Job Opportunities and Good Pay – Nowadays the demand of a massage therapist has increased to a great extent due to the healing benefits of a massage. A massage therapist earns an ample amount when working for an employer, but they can decide their own charges when they set up their own business as clients pay on per hour or per service basis. The earnings of a massage therapist will gradually increase with the increase in his/her reputation and the client list.
Massage therapists listen with their hands and their hearts. The nature of the work is physically demanding as a massage therapist has to remain active and engage their entire body while providing a massage. Instead of visiting doctors people look forward to visit a massage therapist who provides them with a positive experience along with heavenly relaxation.