Back pain is a problem that happens to most people at some point of time in their life. Most people primarily look for a back massage treatment to ease this pain. Your back is a platform of so many muscles and ligaments that work hard and fall prey to strain & pain at different points in your back.
Getting a back massage reduces stress, improves sleep and improves the endorphins that act as natural mood boosters. After a back massage your body performs well because of increased blood circulation that brings newly oxygenized blood through your muscles and sends the metabolic wastes away from your organs. Refreshed muscles and joints enhance motion and improve your flexibility.
A back massage is one of the most enjoyed massage therapy treatments all over the world. Some therapists use hot stone in their back massage session which helps to loosen up their clients chronically tight muscles.
- Lowers high blood pressure: Deep tissue massage works on the deep layer tissue in the body. It helps to boost the blood flow and thus it is also a holistic approach to treat hyper tension.
- Reduces stress and anxiety: Getting a back massage can help you get over stress. Studies have shown that a massage produces a hormone in the body called oxytocin which acts as a bonding hormone inducing positive emotions.
- Treats back pain: Back massage can help a person to get relief from chronic lower back pain
- Reduces symptoms of arthritis: Regular working on computer in the office, gardening or any other manual jobs can be quite painful. Back massage brings improvement in pain, muscle stiffness, body movement. Back massage can help prevent ailments related to back and neck pain.
- Improves body posture: Proper body posture is necessary to keep your body in shape and is key in reducing chronic pain. Back massage helps tune your body back to proper posture which will aid your body to be pain free.
- Relieves headaches: Getting a back massage is not just dedicated to relieve back pain it also can help relieve headaches.
Researchers of Touch research institute at university of Miami conducted a study on lower back pain which concluded that back massage is very effective in reducing pain. The study also resulted in improving mental well being by reducing the feelings of depression and anxiety and helping the person to have a good, restful sleep.
Back massage therapy is done according to the client’s situation. Therapists can give a specific type of massage or a mix of several. These include
- Swedish or relaxing massage which is done gently with medium pressure.
- Deep tissue massage for deeper pressure to the muscles.
- Hot stone massage, in this smooth water heated stones are used to ease the muscles.
For a back massage, the therapist uses either a massage oil, massage lotion or massage gel that provides a nice glide for the therapist and comfortable, relaxing feel for their client. For the best massage supplies click here. Using high quality massage products also nourishes the skin.
Hence, the benefits of back massage go far behind the pleasant time a client spends on a comfy massage table. Getting a back massage is a smart investment which provides a lot of positives to the human body and gives the gift of wellness.
So book your massage soon and enjoy the benefits.